Getty Images / Jenny Chang
1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Take our dog Max outside so he can take care of his business. I go all out to make him feel loved.
2. When you walk into a bar, what do you typically order?
Call me wimpy all you want but I order an almond chai tea on the rocks.
3. What’s the one word you are guilty of using too often?
4. What is the last thing you searched for on Google?
A recipe for Kaiserschmarrn (traditional Austrian dessert containing about 20,000 calories).
5. Who is the last person that called or texted you?
Hillary Clinton emailed me to ask for my support and I emailed her back and said: “You had me at ‘support,’ Hill.”
6. What’s the wallpaper on your phone and/or computer?
My wife in a tight sexy onesie (only acceptable answer in an interview).
7. What was the last awkward situation you were in and how did you handle it?
A woman in our neighborhood kept letting her two pooches crap right in front of our house. One morning I waited for her, and when she was just about to get ready to make her dogs do the deed, I stepped out of our door with a box of poop bags and told her I had gotten her the bags because obviously she must have run out. She was visibly mortified but took the bags. On second thought, maybe she was mortified because I was wearing nothing but fake fur slippers and a tight sexy onesie. (It’s a Kodjoe family thing.)
8. What is your TV guilty pleasure?
Pit Bulls & Parolees.
9. What’s the first CD you bought?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller.
10. And what music are you currently listening to?
Michael Jackson’s Thriller.
11. What is the one food you cannot resist?
Kaiserschmarrn (see above) with vanilla ice cream.
12. What movie makes you laugh the most?
Monty Python’s Life of Brian.
13. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
BBQ chicken, mushrooms, M&M’s, and hummus.
14. What drives you absolutely crazy?
People’s complete disregard for punctuality (a German thing I guess).
15. What was your first online screen name?
Dances With German Shepherds.
16. What’s the last thing you copied & pasted on your phone?
Obama’s quote: “The American dream is something no wall can ever contain.” By the way, I tatted it on my lower back as well.
17. What’s your favorite curse word?
18. What’s your favorite emoji?
19. Pick one: Kittens or puppies?
Puppies all day.
20. New York or Los Angeles?
21. Twitter or Instagram?
Both — Twinstagram.
22. Bacon or Nutella?
Nutella for life.
23. Britney or Christina?
I love Christina’s pipes. This genie in a bottle is totally underrated.
24. Coffee or tea?
Like I said, almond chai tea (hot or cold).
25. NSYNC or BSB?
NSYNC because I absolutely take credit for their success being that they launched their career in Germany and I was the GM of the “Wir lieben NSYNC” fan club at home.
26. 2 a.m. or 2 p.m.?
2 p.m. because that’s when I take my daily nap.
27. Beyoncé or Rihanna?
I’m definitely an honorary member of the Beyhive.
28. Netflix and chill or just Netflix?
Netflix and chill real hard with a Nutella sandwich on pretzel bread.
29. Hannah Montana or Lizzie McGuire?
30. And finally: tell us a secret.
Life is actually not short at all, but pretty damn long. The key is not to wait to enjoy it until it’s too late.
Catch Boris on Code Black, which airs Wednesdays on CBS at 10 p.m. ET/9 CT