*** Details updated 7/18/16 – Please review new details on car show classes, drag racing classes & payouts, MWSPL show, and more! ***
The show where ALL makes & models, bikes, and weird contraptions are welcome! Also one of the only RACE TRACK CAR SHOW’s in the world! We’re going to have another fun filled weekend this August 6th & 7th with over 2,000 cars from the mid-west!
— Sponsor & Vending Info —
Many sponsor & vending packages available – e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for info! (Entry due by 8/4/16)
— Show Schedule —
6:00-9:00 – Vendor & Camping Move In
6:00-11:00 – Friday night grudge racing (standard weekly event)
**Friday Standard track admission prices apply for entry
SATURDAY (Car Show)
2:00 – Pre-Registered Gates
4:00 – Day of Gates
9:00 – Drivers Meeting for No-Prep
10:00 – INVITE No-Prep Race!
10:45 – Car Show Awards on the Drag Strip!
12:00 – Shut Down
SUNDAY (Race Day) – See race details below for more info!
11:00 – RACER ONLY Gates Open for tech
12:00 – Gates Open
1:30 – Drag Racing Drivers Meeting
2:00 – Open Drag Racing & Qualifying for classes
2:00 – Roll Racing Drivers Meeting & Racing Starts
By 4:30 – Racers turn in their quickest time slip for class race – 2nd floor of tower
5:00 – Drivers Meeting & Cruise for Class Racing
6:00 – Arm Drop Drags
5:30 – Class Racing Round 1
Continued testing & grudge racing between rounds
Before Class Finals – Burnout Contest
After Finals – Awards
10:00 – Racing Ends
— Saturday & Sunday Admission —
Spectator – $5/person ticket each day
Car Show – $20/driver weekend wristband
Racer – $30/driver weekend wristband
Sunday only racer – $20/driver
Kids (12 & under) – Free
— Pre-Registration @ Stereo West Auto Toys —-
We will be offering pre-registration again starting Wednesday July 20th until Thursday August 4th at Stereo West Auto Toys on 74th & Dodge St. Watch for a post on this event page with full details!
— Spectator = $5 weekend admission per person
— Car Show = $15 weekend admission for the driver
— Racer = $30 weekend admission for the driver (includes car show parking Saturday as well)
— Sunday only racer admission will be offered at the gate Aug 7 (if tech cards are still available)
— Car Show Details —
– Over $2300 in cash prizes!!!
—> BEST OF SHOW – $500
—> Best Import – $200
—> Best Domestic – $200
—> Best European – $200
—> Best Bike – $200
—> Best Truck / SUV – $200
—> Best Body Finish (Paint, Wrap, Dip, Patina) – $200
—> Best Engine Bay – $200
—> Highest Dyno Number – $200
– Awards for the car show will be after 1st round of the invite no-prep Saturday night around 10:45, showcasing your car to the crowd! (We will let you know by approx 8:00 if you need to hang around)
– CASH prizes for all classes again this year!
– Sponsor cars not eligible for prizes
– VIP Section will be by invite only
– You must have your car moved in by 5:00 and parked until 7:30 when judging ends to be considered for car show prizes
– To increase your chances of winning, make sure your hood is popped and your windows are rolled down for judges to consider your car inside & out!
— MWSPL Show Details —
– Show will be held inside the main car show entrance (road course entrance) parking lot by the concessions building.
– Standard spectator admission applies ($5/day per person or $/5 for the weekend if you pick up pre-registration tickets at Stereo West Auto Toys)
– Registration @ 2:00pm
– Qualifying @ 3:00pm
– MWSPL Entry is $25 (non-member) and $20 (member)
— Changes for this year! —
Based on feedback last year, we have a few changes this year to announce:
– MORE TECH CARDS – Rather than a large no-prep race this year we will be offering 50 more tech cards on Sunday for the general public to get more racing in and holding an INVITE ONLY no-prep race on Saturday night at the end of the car show!
– CAMPING will be available Friday & Saturday nights – Between 6-9pm we will allow pre-registered car show or racers to move their cars into the show so you can camp with your car and the other attendees! Off-site (outside of the car show, but on RPM’s property camping allowed as well. (Friday night admission prices apply – racing all night 6-11pm!) Saturday night camping will be available as well, car show campers must be cleaned up and moved off the race track by 10am Sunday morning.
– SHOW LAYOUT – To make the show more ‘complete’ and reduce gaps (un-needed walking) in the car show, we are filling in the first 2/3 of the track first, then using the remainder as that is filled.
— Ice Cream Cruise Shirts & Stickers —
We will be selling Ice Cream Cruise merchandise again (found by the 1320Video booth) this year with all proceeds going to Youth Emergency Services Omaha!
**Make sure to get yours early, these always sell out!
— Misc Event Details / Rules —
– We will have an ATM at the main entrance (Road Course side) by the RPM concessions building.
– Music & DJ entertainment proudly presented again this year byHighLucyNation & Pioneer Electronics (North America)
– Food & beverages – Will be available throughout the show all day, please stay hydrated! We’re crossing our fingers for cooler weather this year!
– Advertising – Non-sponsor advertising is strictly prohibited (including branded tents)
– Pop-up tents – Strongly encouraged for shade, ALL tents MUST be secured well in case of wind to prevent damage to cars
– Pets on leashes are welcomed & encouraged!
– Motorized Vehicles – ATV’s, RZR’s, golf carts are only allowed for show staff due to the amount of foot traffic.
– Cruising is prohibited unfortunately, vehicles on the road course must remain parked during the show for safety reasons.
— Racing Details —
– Racer admission allows all cars to race in ALL racing activities (bikes on drag strip only):
– – – > 1/8 mile drag racing
– – – > Class racing for cars & bikes
– – – > Roll racing on the road course
– – – > Arm drop drags on road course
– – – > BURNOUT CONTEST – $300 up for grabs!
*** Bikes are only allowed on drag strip for insurance purposes
— Drag Racing Classes & Payouts —
$0.00 entry fee – all racers who purchase tech cards are allowed to enter!
– – – > DOMINATOR Class (Top 16 Qualifiers) – $1500 ($1200 to winner & $300 runner up)
– – – > CONTENDER Class (Second Fastest 16 Qualifiers) – $750 ($500 to winner & $25 winner up)
– – – > SLOW POKE Class (Slowest 16 Qualifiers) – $200 ($150 to winner & $50 to runner up + 1320Video merchandise)
Bike Classes – Sponsored by Rpm Powersports Superstore
– – – > DOMINATOR Bike Class (Top Half of Qualifiers – 16 bike max) – $500 payout ($350 to winner & $150 to runner up)
– – – >CONTENDER Bike Class (Bottom Half of Qualifiers – 16 bike max) – $250 payout ($175 to winner & $75 to runner up)
— Drag Class Rules —
– All class racers must complete a 5 lap cruise of the road course prior to first round.
– Between 2:00 – 4:30 make as many passes as you would like and turn in your quickest time slip to the 2nd floor of the tower. We will divide the quickest 48 cars into three 16 car classes and have one 16 bike field (see above)
– Each car/bike in each class will not be able to run quicker than .2 quicker than the quickest time slip turned in for that class (1st quickest, 17th quickest, and quickest of the slowest car class) – (The tree will drop at the same time for both)
– All cars & bikes must comply with track safety rules see details here:http://i29dragway.com/
— Suggested Hotels —
15 mi to RPM
Hampton Inn at Ameristar
2204 River Rd
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
15mi to RPM
Ameristar Casino Hotel
2200 River Rd
Council Bluffs, IA 51501
13mi to RPM
Hampton Inn Bellevue
3404 Samson Way
Bellevue, NE 68123
25mi to RPM – Located in center of Omaha
Comfort Inn & Suites
7007 Grover St
Omaha, NE 68106
402-934-4900 (ask for MAM / Rolling Thunder Rates)
30mi to RPM – Previous Host hotel (longest drive) – Located South-West side of Omaha
Courtyard Omaha LaVista
12560 Westport Pkwy
La Vista, NE 68128