*dives into a Scrooge McDuck–sized vault of blotting papers*
Alice Mongkongllite / BuzzFeed
Hi, I’m Claire and I’m a certified Oil Monster™. I’ve been greasy my whole life, and have never met a foundation that didn’t make me look like a glazed donut .005 seconds after putting it on.
Yet, my Instagram is filled with smooth-skinned, matte-faced goddesses and it makes me wonder, could I ever have that shine-free look?
@sandralambeck / Via instagram.com
I tested 16 different mattifying foundations that promised to make my face a grease-free wonderland, to see which ones actually kept their word.
1. Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation — $7.99.
2. La Roche-Posay Effaclar BB Blur — $29.99.
3. Kat Von D Lock-It Foundation — $35.
4. Sonia Kashuk Soft Focus Satin Matte Foundation — $12.99.
5. Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation — $4.99.
6. Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Longwear Liquid Foundation — $40.
7. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup — $39.50.
8. L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation — $12.99.
9. CoverGirl Clean Matte Liquid Foundation — $5.69.
10. Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation — $39.
11. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation — $39.
12. Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation — $56.
13. Lancôme Teint Idol Ultra 24H Long Wear Foundation — $47.
14. Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin — $9.69.
15. Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation — $45.
16. BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream — $29.50.
Disclaimer: I did get a bunch of these for free but I absolutely was not obligated to say anything positive about them, or write about them at all.
Alice Mongkongllite / Claire de Louraille / BuzzFeed