One of the first dive bar reviews I ever wrote for the fledgling HitThatDive was about a place tucked away in West Omaha called the Light House Bar & Grill.
Let’s be honest, I had no idea what I actually was doing my first time here, and for the record, I still don’t. So I’m not so sure I captured everything that makes the Light House one of my favorite places to hang out out for cheap drinks and great bar food during my first trip there all those years ago.
|All of that for less than $10 on a Monday|
Fast forward nearly seven years from my first time in this West Omaha dive bar gem, and I am honored to announce, that the Light House is expanding.
Now, let’s making something clear, they are not closing their current location. Owner (and now good friend) Gueorgui Platchkov…try to say that one three times fast…is bringing his concept of cheap drinks, great food and good times to a new location. Which for the record, will make TWO Light House Bar & Grills in the Omaha-area.
|A wing-lovers dream come true.|
The new location opening this July on 168th Street near Tiburon Golf Course, will continue Gueorgui’s vision of a great dive bar experience for West Omaha dwellers who might not have ever made the trek to his original location on 156th and West Maple.
If you’ve never been to the Light House…here’s a few reasons why it is West Omaha’s premiere dive bar.
- Happy Hour 4-7 Monday-Friday that can’t be beat anywhere west of 60th Street
- One of the largest bar menus anywhere in the area.
- Home of my favorite “non-traditional” wings in Omaha period. (Try the dry rubbed Desert Fire wings trust me).
- GIANT 34 ounce Happy Hour beers for $4.
- Amazing bartenders
- No frills vibe that is hard to find in the West Omaha area
- And, of course, it’s the home of the $3 Long Island Ice Tea…all day…every day.
|Good food. Great prices.|
|Omaha’s best happy hour.|
|All day. Every day.|