Howdy, Omaha party people! Do you feel the heat? No, it’s not just the summer sun; it’s our sizzling Drink of the Week—the Blazing Saddleback!
Inspired by the daring cowboys of Nebraska’s history and the sunsets that paint our skies, this cocktail melds bourbon, a touch of spiced honey, a dash of bitters, and a unique smoky kick.
Here’s how to make your own Blazing Saddleback:
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz spiced honey syrup (see note)
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- Ice cubes
- Orange twist for garnish
- Spiced Honey Syrup: Combine equal parts honey and hot water, adding a cinnamon stick and clove for extra spice. Allow to cool and remove the spices.
- In a mixing glass, combine bourbon, spiced honey syrup, Angostura bitters, and smoked paprika.
- Add ice and stir well until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
The Blazing Saddleback is like a Wild West showdown in your mouth—bold, spicy, and unforgettable. With every sip, you’ll taste the spirit of Nebraska’s adventurous past. Cheers, partner! 🤠