Hey there, NowOmaha.com readers! As we all know, corn is a cornerstone of Nebraska culture and agriculture. But who says it only belongs on your dinner plate? For this week, we’re bringing you a cocktail that celebrates our state’s golden crop in a refreshingly unique way: the Cornfield Cooler.
With the delightful blend of sweet corn-infused vodka, fresh basil, lime, and a touch of soda, this drink offers a taste of Nebraska’s heartland with every sip.
Here’s the recipe for the Cornfield Cooler:
- 2 oz sweet corn-infused vodka (see note below)
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- Club soda
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedge and basil leaf for garnish
- To make sweet corn-infused vodka: Steep kernels from 1 ear of corn in 2 cups of vodka for 2-3 days. Strain before using.
- In a shaker, muddle the basil leaves with the lime juice and simple syrup.
- Add the sweet corn-infused vodka and a handful of ice cubes. Shake well.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top off with club soda and give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and a basil leaf.
So why not bring a little piece of the Nebraska cornfields to your summer parties and gatherings? The Cornfield Cooler is a hit at BBQs, picnics, or any occasion where folks are looking to sip something truly unique. Cheers to summer in Omaha!