Hey Omaha! Are you ready to welcome another weekend with the perfect cocktail in hand? If so, you’re in the right place! We present to you our latest Drink of the Week: The Heartland Sunrise.
This libation captures the essence of a Nebraskan morning: serene, colorful, and full of potential. Crafted with fresh orange juice, Nebraska-made gin, a touch of grenadine, and a splash of soda, this cocktail will bring the golden hues of our magnificent prairie sunrises right into your glass.
- 2 oz Nebraska-made gin (or your favorite gin)
- 4 oz fresh orange juice
- 1/2 oz grenadine
- Soda water to top
- Ice cubes
- Orange wheel or twist for garnish
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in the gin and fresh orange juice.
- Slowly add the grenadine to the mixture. It will sink and gradually mix, creating a sunrise effect.
- Top with soda water.
- Stir gently to blend the colors but not so much that you lose the sunrise effect.
- Garnish with an orange wheel or twist.
Enjoy your Heartland Sunrise while watching the actual sunrise, and your day will be off to a perfect start. Cheers to another fabulous week in Omaha!