Hello, Omaha aficionados and cocktail connoisseurs! This week, we’re diving into a libation inspired by one of Nebraska’s most famous waterways, the Platte River. Introducing the Platte River Splash—a cocktail that brings a wave of tropical vibes to the Midwestern landscape!
With a blend of coconut water, blue curaçao, rum, and a splash of pineapple juice, this drink captures the feeling of lounging by a riverside, even if that river is far from tropical.
Here’s how to make the Platte River Splash:
- 2 oz rum
- 1 oz coconut water
- 1/2 oz blue curaçao
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple slice and cherry for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine rum, coconut water, blue curaçao, and pineapple juice.
- Add ice and shake well until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a cherry.
So, the next time you’re dreaming of a tropical escape but can’t quite make it past the city limits, whip up a Platte River Splash. It’s like a mini-vacation in a glass. Cheers to another fabulous summer week in Omaha!